Senior Staff Accountant (Audit & Assurance)
Chaggares & Bonhomme, Chartered Professional Accountants (C&B) are a dynamic and entrepreneurial accounting firm that offers many professional services to local small and medium sized businesses. The firm and partners are proud members of the York Region community, and actively seek others to join the firm that value working in the community where they live.
Recipients of numerous local awards over the years including “Reader’s Choice Award” for many years, and “Professional Services Business of the Year” by the Newmarket Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards (twice!).
As C&B continues to grow, we are looking for an experienced Senior Staff Accountant specializing in Assurance.
Before applying for this exciting opportunity, consider the following:
- Are you passionate and enthusiastic to work in public accounting?
- Are you looking for a company highly integrated in the local community?
- Do you want to be part of a highly functioning accounting firm that works hard and plays hard?
- Do you thrive in smaller teams?
- Do you have proven success with Assurance?
- Do you have demonstrated experience with a variety of client types, including corporations, individuals, partnerships and trusts, both profit and not-for-profit?
Are you experienced with:
- Preparation of Notice to Readers?
- Preparation of Review Engagements?
- Planning & execution of Audit Engagements?
- Preparation of corporate and personal tax returns?
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Working closely with the partners, managers and other staff on audit, tax and other engagements
- Preparing assurance files (audits and reviews) to be submitted to the partners for review
- Assist Senior Accounting team with overflow of notice to readers, HST, T1’s and T2’s
- Perform technical research, developing and documenting advisory recommendations
- Technical understanding and application of accounting and audit standards
- Managing multiple client relationships and understanding their unique business requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple client files simultaneously
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with accounting related software
- CPA/CA designation however will consider candidates with relevant and equivalent education and or experience.
- 3 to 5 years experience in public accounting
- Minimum 2 years experience working on assurance files; particularly completing small business assurance files from front to back.
- Minimum 2 years experience with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) within Ontario and Canada
- Full cycle bookkeeping experience is an asset
- Use of own vehicle to use on company business preferred (extremely minimal local travel may be required on occasion)
- Available to work overtime and excess hours during peak tax season
C&B is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices and we will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require Code-protected accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs.
As a condition of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit a Police Criminal Record Check upon hire, deemed satisfactory by the Firm.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Why Work Here:
- Family Culture
- Hybrid Environment (2 days remotely a week)
- Flexible Time
- Fun Team Days
- Opportunity to progress your career
- Competitive Salary based on experience, Bonus
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent