Chaggares & Bonhomme, Chartered Professional Accountants (C&B) is a dynamic and entrepreneurial accounting firm that offers many professional services to small and medium sized businesses in the GTA and surrounding communities. The firm and partners are proud members of the York Region community, and actively seek others to join the firm that value working in the community where they live.
Recipients of numerous local awards over the years including “Reader’s Choice Award” for 12 straight years, and “Professional Services Business of the Year” by the Newmarket Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards (twice!).
As C&B continues to grow, we are looking for an experienced Accounting Manager with excellent chances for advancement towards partnership for the right candidate.
Before applying for this exciting opportunity, consider the following:
- Are you passionate and enthusiastic to work in public accounting?
- Are you looking for a company highly integrated in the local community?
- Do you want to be part of a highly functioning accounting firm that works hard and plays hard?
- Do you thrive in smaller teams?
- Do you have demonstrated experience with a variety of client types, including corporations, individuals, partnerships and trusts, both profit and not-for-profit?
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Focus on providing Canadian corporate tax services including tax planning and advisory, accounting, and income tax returns for corporate groups.
- Lead an accounting team to assist our clients with their income tax audits by resolving notices and corresponding with the CRA
- Estate, Trust and Intergenerational tax planning for Entrepreneurs and their families.
- Review and oversee the preparation of Compilation Engagements and Canadian tax returns (ie. GST/HST, T1, T2 and T3 returns)
- Support the development and coaching of tax professionals and other junior tax staff members.
- Plan, organize and deliver tax planning engagements for Canadian corporations, including corporate reorganizations.
- Managing multiple client relationships and understanding their unique business requirements
- Identify opportunities to provide tax planning and other special services by conducting research on tax law and cases as required.
- Meet with clients to discuss year-end financial statements and tax returns.
- CPA/CA designation required
- Completion of CICA In Depth tax (Level 1 and 2) preferred
- 5 years practical experience with exposure to a broad range of client tax issues
- Experience working in Public Accounting
- Experience in a leadership and or supervisory role
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Dedication and strong work ethic and a focus on encouraging others to maintain a consistent and steady motivation or pace
- A demonstrated commitment to coach, manage, develop and mentor junior tax professionals
- Strong analytical capability, sound business sense and strong attention to detail that have earned you the reputation of providing excellence in client service experience
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple assignments in an organized manner
- Proven research, investigative, analysis and problem solving skills
- Available to work overtime and excess hours during peak tax season
C&B is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices and we will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require Code-protected accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs.
As a condition of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit a Police Criminal Record Check upon hire, deemed satisfactory by the Firm.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Why Work Here:
- Family Culture
- Hybrid Environment (2 days remotely a week)
- Flexible Time
- Fun Team Days
- Opportunity to grow into Partner Over Time
- Competitive Salary, Bonus
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
For consideration, please submit your resume to Human Resources.
Please attach your cover letter and resume as one document and reference the job title clearly in the subject heading.